REPORTS TO: YMCA Program Director
The Elementary Afterschool, Site Coordinator (SC) is 100% dedicated to one elementary school site location and is responsible for the coordination and oversight of the 21CCLC Afterschool program under the direction of the Senior Program Director. The SC is committed to quality and provides leadership, supervision; coaching and support to program staff to ensure desired program goals and outcomes are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Afterschool program Site Coordinator must have the competencies, skills and proven leadership ability to successfully carry out the YMCA mission and 21CCLC Grant guidelines, goals and vision for serving the community. Other important responsibilities include the following:
- Administers the day-to-day operation of the Afterschool program, ensuring compliance with the prescribed fidelity and quality markers.
- Helps hire or designates, supervises, and coaches teaching staff, enrichment leaders, and volunteers.
- In partnership with the school staff, promotes program and student recruitment to ensure targeted population and optimal enrollment.
- Maintains on-going communication and collaboration with supervisor, appropriate Y staff, school’s administration, and community partners to successfully implement the program.
- Prepares program schedule and plans for snacks and meals.
- Evaluates program quality and fidelity, implementing necessary steps to remedy weaknesses according to 21 CCLC grant and Y-USA measurement and evaluation guidelines.
- Ensures timely reporting to 21 CCLC Grant and Y-USA measurement and evaluation requirements.
- Assists in developing and monitoring the program’s budget and supplies.
- Plans and conducts orientation and workshops to engage parents/caregivers.
- Provides ongoing communication with the parents/caregivers.
- Attends required trainings and participates in support calls as needed. (webinars)
- Collects and shares “Bright Spots” – stories of impact from your program monthly.
- Develops relationships with school and community stakeholders to communicate the goals of the Afterschool and ongoing concerns about student needs.
- Upholds and exemplifies the YMCA’s Core Values and principles of Character Development.
- Helps to maintain the Before and After school paperwork and payments. Also records required information into EZReports, as required.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree related to youth development or education.
- Must have a minimum of four years of relevant experience working with children in an educational setting including at least two years in an administrative supervisory capacity with demonstrated decision making ability.
- Must possess oral, auditory and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
- Must be a positive role model with strong leadership, conflict resolution and diplomacy skills.
- Must be capable of directing the daily administrative, program related, and supervisory responsibilities of the Elementary Afterschool Program.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose and goals, childcare policies and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
School Year: Mon – Fri: 2.5 hours daily after school-Positions at Paragon, Poston, Smith, South and Brooklyn Elementary Schools (1 at each location)
School Year: Mon – Thurs: 3:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Summer Session: Two weeks, 5 days/week, 4 hours/day 8 am – Noon
Additional planning and training time as scheduled