- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- May assist with Program Committee meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred.
- Typical requirements within 90 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.