Position Summary: Provides direct supervision to a group of children in seasonal day camp. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
• Supervises a group of children.
• Serve as a role model for participants and peers.
• Plans and implements program activities that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
• Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings including but not limited to the two-week onboarding camp training.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, drop off/pick up procedures, incident/accident reports, accurate head counts, child abuse prevention, aquatics safety and emergencies.
• Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen-First) in all interactions.
• High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
• Previous experience working with children, preferably in a day camp setting.
• Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, canoeing, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
• At least 18 years of age.
• CPR, first aid, AED certifications, and child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
• Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.